There are many different Spanish dog names for you to choose from. If you are looking for a name for your new dog, you may want to consider a Spanish name.
Spanish dog names can be traditional, such as Miguel or Pedro, or more modern, such as Diego or Santiago. Spanish is also very popular among dog lovers, and they want to express their love for their pets in different ways.
No matter the reason, there are a lot of great Spanish dog names you can try for the newest member of your family. Over 450 million people worldwide, Spanish is spoken, making it the second-most spoken language after Chinese!
If there is a specific type of name you are looking for, you will find a great option among Spanish dog names
Our Top Spanish Dog Names with Meaning
There are some Spanish dog names that will never go out of style. Let’s look at a few of the top picks.
- Mia – Meaning “Mine” in Spanish, this is a perfect name for a loyal and loving dog.
- Luna – Meaning “Moon” in Spanish, this name is perfect for a beautiful and regal dog.
- Diego – Meaning “He who replaces” in Spanish, this name is perfect for a dog who is always there for you.
- Lola – Meaning “Sorrow” in Spanish, this name is perfect for a dog who has been through a lot in life.
- Pepe – Meaning “To be born” in Spanish, this name is perfect for a dog who is fresh and full of life.
Here Are a Few Other Popular Names We Love:
Do you need something more specific? Find Spanish dog names that celebrate historical figures, celebrities, food, and colors.
Take your time deciding. This name will be mentioned a lot now.
Spanish Male Dog Names
Spanish dog names male are very popular in Spain. Here are some Spanish cute boy dog names:
- Alfonso: derived from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “ready”
- Enrique: derived from the Germanic name Heinrich, meaning “home ruler”
- Fidel: derived from the Latin word fidelis, meaning “faithful”
- Juan: derived from the Latin name Johannes, meaning “God is gracious”
- Sergio: derived from the Latin name Sergius, meaning “sergeant”
Here Are a Few Other Popular Spanish Male Dog Names to Try Out:
- El Rey
Spanish Female Dog Names
We’ve collected a list of names for your dog. A good name for a female dog should match her appearance or character traits. Female dogs are often named after famous female figures. Some girl Spanish dog names are:
- Lola – Means “sorrowful”
- Mia – Means “mine” or “wanted”
- Carmen – Means “song”
- Sofia – Means “wisdom”
- Luz – Means “light”
More Female Spanish Dog Names:
Good Spanish Dog Names
A dog is an excellent member of the canine family. There are many kinds of this animal in various parts of the world. here are the most common good Spanish dog names
Cute Spanish Dog Names
The Spanish language has a large number of dog names. There are some cute male and female Spanish dog names on this list.
Funny Spanish Dog Names
There are many funny Spanish dog names for males. We have listed some of my favorites.
- Fido: A common Spanish name for a male dog, Fido means “faithful” in Spanish.
- Perro: This name is derived from the Spanish word for “dog” and is a common choice for both male and female dogs.
- Zeus: A regal name for a male dog, Zeus is the name of the king of the gods in Greek mythology.
- Apollo: Another regal name with Greek origins, Apollo was the god of the sun and light in ancient mythology.
More Funny Spanish Dog Names:
Badass Spanish Dog Names
These Spanish badass dog names will be perfect for your little bebita, no matter how cute or classy they are.
- Diablo: Meaning “devil” in Spanish
- Sombra: Meaning “shadow” in Spanish
- Espanto: Meaning “terror” or “scare” in Spanish
- Bruja: Meaning “witch” in Spanish
More Badass Spanish Dog Names:
- Bam Bam
Cool Spanish Dog Names
If you’re looking for a Spain-inspired name for your new little one, we think one of these Spanish cool dog names will be perfect for it.
- Azul – Meaning “blue” in Spanish, this name is perfect for a blue-hued dog or one with blue eyes.
- Sombra – Meaning “shadow” in Spanish, this name is ideal for a dark-colored dog or one that is always following you around.
- Rico – Meaning “rich” or “wealthy” in Spanish, this name is a great option for a regal-looking dog or one with a luxurious coat.
- Amigo – Meaning “friend” in Spanish, this is an excellent name for a friendly and outgoing dog who loves meeting new people and making friends.
More Cool Spanish Dog Names:
Unique Spanish Dog Names
- Perro: Perro means “dog” in Spanish. This is a popular name for a dog that is loyal and friendly. It also has a strong, masculine meaning.
- Tito: Tito means “little thief” in Spanish. This is a playful and curious name for a loyal and intelligent dog. It also has a naughty, fun meaning.
- Fido: Fido means “faith
More Unique Spanish Dog Names:
- El Jefe
Mexican Spanish Dog Names
We think Mexican Spanish dog names are a great source of inspiration for dog owners. There’s a mix of Spanish and Mexican culture, and they have different meanings.
- Pepito – A diminutive of José, meaning “Joseph”.
- Chico – A nickname meaning “boy” or “lad”.
- Pancho – A nickname for Francisco, meaning “free one”.
- Taco – A slang term meaning “dog”, derived from the Nahu
More Mexican Spanish Dog Names:
Brown Dog Names in Spanish
Spanish has a long and colorful history, and one of the many languages that it shares roots with is English. As a result, many brown dog names in Spanish are just as unique as their English counterparts. Here are some of the most popular brown dog names in Spanish:
- “Bruno” – Meaning “brown” or “of a dark complexion”
- “Pardo” – Meaning “brown” or “dark-colored”
- “Café” – Meaning “coffee-colored”
- “Espresso” – Meaning “dark-colored” or “coffee-colored”
Here More Brown Dog Names:
Black Dog Names Spanish
There are so many Black dog names in Spanish perfect for your canine friend. Some of the more popular Black dog names in Spanish include Diablo, Satan, Rocco, and Cucco. If you’re looking for something more unique, you could try names like Karma, Zorro, or Balthazar. Whatever you choose, make sure it is one your Black dog loves and fits his personality
- Nala – In Swahili, this name means “gorgeous girl.” It’s perfect for a dog with a striking appearance.
- Zuniga – This name means “a blackbird.” It’s perfect for a dog with a sweet personality.
- Bambi – This name is perfect for a gentle and loving dog. It is also the name of a bit of deer in the movie “Bambi.”
Spanish Hunting Dog Names
Spanish hunting dog names are often very descriptive and reflect the dog’s personality.
For example, “El Corazon” is a name that refers to the heart muscle, “Paco” is Spanish for “foot,” and “Chico” means “little” in Spanish. Other Spanish hunting dog names include “Fidel,” “Gus,” “Juan,” “Lobo,” “Rafa,” “Zorro,” and “Pancho.”
Spanish Dog Names with The Letter
Taking inspiration from Spanish dog names, we can think about what kind of names we would like alphabet for our pets. The list below contains dog names for every letter of the alphabet.
Spanish Dog Names that Start with C:
- Carmen – song
- Cayetano – from Caieta, Italy
- Ceferino – color of the sky
- Consuelo – consolation
Spanish Dog Names that Start with P:
- Pepito – “little one” or “son”
- Pedro – “rock” or “stone”
- Pancho – “free one” or “lonely one”
- Paloma – “dove”
- Pee Wee,
Spanish Dog Names with S:
Spanish Dog Names that Start with M:
Spanish Dog Names Starting with R:
Hopefully, these names gave you some ideas and inspiration to come up with your own. Thanks for reading our useful article about Spanish dog names. Please share this article with your friends and family on social media sites like Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, and Pinterest.